Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research
Scholarship. Service. Solutions.
The Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research educates leaders and advances best practices in the nonprofit and philanthropic community through academic excellence, applied learning and research that examines issues of strategic importance to the sector.
The Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research, which is part of the Department of Leadership Studies, consists of four components:
- The MA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management
- The PhD in Leadership Studies with a Specialization in Nonprofit/Philanthropic Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management through the Division of Professional and Continuing Education
- The Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research
- Community and Continuing Education Programs, including the Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium and ongoing educational seminars
How does your support help the Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research and San Diego's Nonprofit Sector? Check out our latest infographic and find out!
Learn about the Nonprofit Institute from the people who first envisioned it.
91% of our alumni report they've been hired into a new position or received a raise as a result of our MA program. Read what else our alumni are saying in our annual alumni survey.
This report chronicles the capacity, contributions and overall economic health and well-being of the San Diego nonprofit sector over time and documents the current state of the nonprofit sector in San Diego County based on perspectives of local nonprofit leaders.
We are proud to be a member of the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC). The NACC is a membership association comprised of academic centers or programs at accredited colleges and universities that focus on the study of nonprofit organizations, voluntarism and/or philanthropy.