Create, Innovate and Solve the World's Problems with a Dual Degree in Engineering
We offer more than just an education in engineering -- we practice hands-on engineering. USD's Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering offers a supportive education that inspires students to innovate, create and ultimately, make a difference by practicing real-world engineering.
The Dual BS/BA Degree: A Balanced Perspective
The dual BS/BA degree in engineering is designed to develop thinkers and leaders who have solid technical, communication and problem-solving skills balanced with a broad perspective to make things happen locally and globally. All of our engineering programs offer:
- Close interactions with faculty that inspire true engagement
- A small class size that provides individual perspectives through collaboration with a diverse group of men and women
- An environment that allows you to actually practice engineering in the lab, garages and studios through projects that are linked to theory and tied to challenging, open-ended issues
- Strong communication skills through teamwork and the presentation of ideas and projects
- Networking opportunities through internships, industry partnerships, community involvement and events
The Common Core
All of our programs begin with a common core curriculum in the first two years, so that you can explore all departments – Computer Science, Electrical, General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Industrial and Systems Engineering – to determine which is right for you.
Is Engineering in Your Future?
Engineers are increasingly in demand. With a USD engineering degree, you will be prepared to take on society’s challenges and opportunities in socially, ethically and professionally responsible ways.