Outlook 2007 or 2010 keeps asking to download a HTML file to my local temp files which looks like a virus has invaded your email.
REASONS (the error only seems to occur in Windows XP so far):
You have a new or beta version of Firefox or Chrome set as the default browser; and/or, the HTML editor for outlook is not assigned correctly.
To fix this issue:
1) Close all web browsers and Outlook.
A) Install the new version of the preferred browser (longer fix).
B) Re-set Internet Explorer as the default browser from Internet Propterties (quick fix).
3) Open Outlook again and the errors should be gone.
If these steps do not clear the problem, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 for additional assistance.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Certificate Errors in Outlook
- Can I use my @sandiego.edu email address to use Google Classroom?
- User is receiving winmail.dat attachments that cannot be opened.
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- How to Set Up Outlook Auto-Archive
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2011 for Exchange
- Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange
- Configure Exchange for Apple Mail
- Mac Mail Settings For Torero Mail on Yosemite
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED