The Leadership Coaching Certificate Program at USD provides professionals an opportunity to earn a nationally recognized credential in an emerging field. Leadership Coaching at USD uses proven approaches that prepare established and aspiring coaches with the skills needed to advance their professions.
The certificate program is unique in helping coaches become reflective practitioners who are able to bring quality and depth to their work in a range of professional settings. An emphasis is placed on developing the coach as an instrument of a practice where the relationship with the leader being coached is top priority.
The value comes in an approach that is:
- Holistic: A model is used where coaches learn to keep the whole leader in mind while deepening their skills
- Practical: A value is placed on immediate applicability of learning to current and developing coaching practices
- G.R.O.W Oriented: An acronym is offered to describe how leaders are helped to set ambitious Goals, achieve desired Results, celebrate effective Outcomes, and discover ongoing Work
- Emergent- A process is established where prevailing theory, new best practices, and important professional trends are brought to the learning
- Leader-Centered- A focus is given to the development of the leader being coached through the strength of the coaching relationship
The core of the six-course and one-workshop program is designed as a cohort model where the USD Leadership Coaching Certificate can be earned in as few as 6-8 months. As a recognized Board Certified Coach program, successful students are also eligible to take the exam for this nationally recognized credential.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals with established coaching practices, those who are new to the field, human resource officers and persons from related careers, as well as consultants and clinicians are particularly encouraged to attend the program. Managers who find that coaching is increasingly an expectation in their work will also find value in earning this certificate.
Sign up for updates on program information!