What do you do after serving your country?
Apply your military skills and experience towards a successful, rewarding career.
Military education benefits make pursuing an Engineering degree at the University of San Diego (USD) within your reach.
An Affordable Option
An education at the University of San Diego is now more affordable than ever. We recognize and appreciate your service, and we are committed to helping you continue your education by honoring the new Post-9/11 GI Bill and The Yellow Ribbon Program.
Engineer Your Future
The University of San Diego’s engineering programs are distinguished by student-centered education that emphasizes modern engineering skills and the development of the whole person. We are dedicated to innovative teaching, meaningful scholarship and compassionate service.
The USD Advantage
- We have the only program in the country where every graduate earns a dual BA/BS degree. This means you will not only become an engineer, but a successful leader, effective communicator and skilled problem-solver.
- USD is highly-ranked by U.S. News & World Report and offers programs in electrical, mechanical, and industrial and systems engineering.
- Our students gain twice the amount of laboratory and hands-on design experience than students in typical engineering programs.
- Small class sizes and personal attention from faculty builds close relationships.
- USD is a military-friendly school located in a military-oriented city. You will find veterans at every turn, from USD’s president to faculty, staff and fellow students.
- Veterans receive course credit for applicable military experience.
- We offer housing for married students with families
- If space allows, we offer housing for married or parenting students in the Presidio Terrace apartments. Please contact the Residential Life office directly about any available spaces and details on the unit type and size.
Military and veterans who wish to apply to USD should contact Sean Green, Military Liaison for University Admissions. email@example.com
Help with Veterans Benefits
For help with using your veterans benefits, see the USD Office of Veterans Affairs
You don't have to be accepted to get academic advising about how to prepare yourself to succeed in engineering. You can meet with an engineering faculty member and get advising about what courses you can take before you come to USD and how to plan your courses throughout the degree journey. For an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-260-4627.
Especially for Vets - Mathematics for Pre-Engineers
Lessons to refresh your pre-calculus math skills have neen developed to help you transition into an engineering student. Click Here
Veterans Affairs News at USD
Click here for Inside USD story
About the video: This video was supported by NSF Grant No. 0948070. It was produced by NewGroup Media of South Bend, IN with a team that was led by Christopher Salvador.