Resumes, Cover Letters and Other Correspondence
Please review these guidelines and samples of documents used in job and internship searches. Employers will usually make their interviewing decisions based on the strength of your resume and cover letter. Follow-up thank-you notes can add the final touch after a positive interview.
- Resume Writing Guidelines
- Resume Action Verbs
- Sample Freshman Resume
- Arts and Sciences Majors: Resume Guide
- Business Majors: Resume Guide
- Accountancy Majors: Resume Guide
- Engineering Majors: Resume Guide
- MA Candidates in Counseling, Leadership, and MFT: Resume Guide
- Teaching Students: Resume Guide
- Preparing a Curriculum Vitae
- Undergraduate CV Samples
Cover Letters and Other Correspondence
Career Development Center
Manchester Hall 101
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4654
Fax: (619) 260-2270
Manchester Hall 101 (Main Hub)
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Olin 141 & 143 (School of Business)
- M-F: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Drop-Ins: 9 a.m. -11 a.m., 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.*
- *check weekly schedule
Serra 207 & 223 (College of Arts and Sciences)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Loma 210 (School of Engineering)
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.