The information provided below is general information about scholarship opportunities at the University of San Diego and additional terms, conditions and requirements may apply to each scholarship. Students who are awarded one of these scholarships will be provided renewal criteria specific to that award.
Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (Alcala, Trustee, and Presidential)
- Awards are automatically determined by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Your admission application is the application for the scholarships. Scholarship awards will be mailed out in early March.
- Scholarships are awarded based upon superior academic performance including grades, course selection, and test scores. Financial need is not considered in the awarding of merit scholarships.
- Only freshman applicants are eligible for merit scholarship consideration.
- Scholarship awards will range from $10,000–$25,000 and are renewable for four years by meeting minimum grade point average requirements and maintaining full-time enrollment each semester.
Dean’s Graduate Merit Scholars
The Dean’s Graduate Merit Award is a one-time award of a designated amount without respect to financial need. If financial need is demonstrated, this tuition award must be coordinated with, and may include, other sources of assistance in compliance with requirements of federal, state, and institutional financial eligibility. Students may be full or part time, however, if their actual tuition costs are less than the amount of the initial award, they are only eligible to receive up to the actual cost of tuition and other USD expenses. The amount of the award is not renewable; however, students may apply annually for a Dean’s Graduate Merit Scholarship.
Up to full tuition and room and board depending on sport
- All of our NCAA Division I sports have scholarships except Football and Men's Rowing.
- Contact the coach directly if you are interested in finding out how to qualify.
- You can find contact information at USD Athletics’ website: http://www.usdtoreros.collegesports.com
Alumni Endowed and Class Legacy Scholarships were created by Alumni who had the vision to support the University's future growth and success. These scholarships are made up of thousands of small gifts from alumni & student donors. Alumni continue to enrich the student experience by supporting you- students actively involved in the USD community.
- Alumni Endowed Scholarship
- Daniel L Burkett III Memorial Scholarship
- Kyle O'Connell Memorial Scholarship
- Senior Class Legacy Scholarship
- Therese Whitcomb'53 Scholarship
Bishop Maher Catholic Leadership Scholarship
The Bishop Maher Catholic Leadership Scholarship is intended to assist Catholic undergraduate men and women who have financial need and who have demonstrated leadership capabilities within ministry, the parish or within their Catholic community.
After review and recommendation from the BMCLS Committee, the University will award scholarships annually to continuing and transfer students. Scholarships normally range in value between $1,500 and $2,500 per year, depending on the financial need of the recipient.
Priority is given to applicants with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00. For more information or to apply:
2017-18 Bishop Maher Catholic Leadership Scholarship Application (for Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and new Transfer students)
College and Schools Scholarship Opportunities
College of Arts & Sciences: Students are advised to ask faculty members in specific departments about available scholarship opportunities.
USD Endowed and Yearly Scholarships:
The University of San Diego receives donations from private sources for endowments or yearly scholarships and administers these funds to provide various scholarships and grants to selected students in the name of the donor. In addition to meeting the USD Scholarship criteria, additional qualifications and requirements may be stipulated by the donor.
Students are automatically considered for any of the endowed or private yearly scholarship listed in the USD Undergraduate Bulletin for which they are eligible when they apply for financial aid at USD.
Other Scholarships: (made available to USD students from other donors)
- Colorado Alumnae of the Sacred Heart Scholarship
- Kiwanis Foundation Scholarship
- Ralph M. Parsons Memorial Scholarship
- Sister M. Aimee Rossi Music Scholarship
- San Diego County Citizen’s Scholarship Foundation Awards
- Donald A. Strauss Public Service Scholarship