Global Business Strategy Seminar: Global Leadership, Strategy and Competitiveness
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 – Tuesday, October 4, 2011 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Shiley Center for Science and Technology
This seminar-workshop brings to the participants best global practices on how major multinational companies Craft and Execute Strategy in a global context. Special attention is given to effective leadership styles, business growth, business differentiation via innovation, business model design and strategic bets for sustainable competitiveness.
Participants and facilitator will focus on:
- The impact of new competition forces on the world economy and their implications on business context, management strategy and leadership styles in order to run competitive operations
- Business practices, and tools to craft and execute effective business strategy in order to achieve competitive position
- Strategic approaches to design effective business models in order to increase competitiveness from a global perspective
- To develop strategic thinking and business vision skills to effectively conduct competitive operations in a global economy
The course is designed to achieve and/or develop:
- The strategic thinking and implementation skills to craft and execute business strategy
- The design of effective leadership styles for successful professional activity (in the global knowledge society)
- Concrete and practical applications to the companies represented by the participants
The learning process implies a high interaction of all participants and facilitator. Special emphasis will be given to conversations for learning, conversations for design, and conversations for action. Group dynamics and simulation exercises will enhance the learning process as a way to develop profound understanding and managerial know-how of the complex dimensions of international management. Practical cases and hands-on discussions will be essential components of the learning process.
Total Seminar Hours: 9
Jaime Alonso Gómez, PhD, has a 25 year extensive international career as a consultant, researcher, guest professor, and board member across the Americas, Asia, Africa, and Europe. He has also served as the Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE) at Tec de Monterrey campuses in Mexico City, Monterrey, and National level for the EGADEs of the Tec de Monterrey System. Under his leadership as the Founding Dean of the Monterrey campus, EGADE was recognized as one of the top business schools in the world (Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, the Aspen Institute, etc.) and in Latin America (América Economía).
He was recognized as “Dean of the Year” in 2005 by the prestigious Academy of International Business (AIB) for his work in international education. For the Tec de Monterrey system he simultaneously led their Top Management programs and Family Business Institute by designing and delivering executive education programs in Mexico and around the world. He holds positions on the board of AACSB International and on the Accreditation board of Equis.
Currently he is serving as professor of Strategy at EGADE - Tec de Monterrey, Mexico City and Ahlers Center Distinguished Professor of International Business at USD, and has been Distinguished Visiting Keynote Speaker in International Business for universities and institutions in the Americas, Europe and Asia (MIT, Harvard, UCLA, McGill, Washington, U. of Texas at Austin, Carnegie Mellon Univ., HEC Paris, ESC Reims, Glasgow, Valencia, Barcelona, Glasgow (Scotland), Univ. de Santiago de Chile, ESAN (Peru), ICESI (Colombia), Getulio Vargas (Brazil), etc.