Distinguished faculty. Academic rigor. A supportive learning community. Welcome to the University of San Diego.
Developing Future Leaders
For more than six decades, USD has built on academic strengths to develop ethical and compassionate leaders who are ready to address the challenges of our changing world.
In an environment of collaboration across disciplines, our students are challenged to question and expand their knowledge in the classroom and beyond through:
- Research and scholarship: Experience the challenge and excitement of original discovery and creation.
- Collaboration and creative activity: Collaborate with faculty and other undergraduate and graduate students to solve problems and achieve goals.
- Community engagement: Apply lessons learned, serve neighbors in need and carry out the principles of social justice and ethical conduct.
- Global awareness and education: Embrace study abroad opportunities to broaden perspectives. USD consistently ranks at the top in the nation for study abroad participation.
College and Schools
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business Administration
- School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science
- Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
- Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies
- School of Law
- Division of Professional and Continuing Education
- Franciscan School of Theology
USD's environment provides students "real world" learning platforms for broad-based innovation and dynamic creativity, advanced intellectual skills and a keen sense of personal and social responsibility.
The result? Graduate and undergraduate students gain knowledge about the Liberal Arts and Sciences and the skills they need to solve multi-dimensional problems of our century.
By the Numbers
Average Class Size: 22
Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 15:1