New Student and Tranfer Student Housing Sign Ups for the 2013-14 Academic Year Begin May 7th
Ask any current Torero resident or the scores of alumni who once called Alcalá Park home—they will tell you their number #1 reason for living on-campus is/was the sense of community that comes from living among your peers. Nothing can compare to the fun and excitement of living in an environment where the learning never stops and lasting memories are waiting to be made. Please note that Housing Residential Life is excited to announce a 0% increase for next year on all room rates!
Click here to apply for 2013-2014 on campus housing.
New Incoming Freshmen - For more details about living in our residence halls as a first year student, please see our first-year housing flyer and the LLC website. Although first year students cannot select roommates we use our advanced software to find the most compatible person possible within your LLC theme. Also we work very closely with our Resident Assistants to offer a directed conversation and Roommate Agreement Packets to be completed at the beginning of the semester to ensure all roommates can begin forming great relationships.
New Transfer Students - For more details about living in our residence halls as a transfer student, please see our transfer student housing brochure.
Returning Students - Please contact us to be placed on the interest list for housing in our upperclass apartments for 2013-14. Please call or email, 619-260-4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International and Exchange Students - Please click on this link to learn how to complete the international wire transfer.
New and Returning Graduate Students - Residential Life is excited to offer apartment style housing to our Graduate and Law students. Please click here to access the Grad Law flyer or click here for more information on Graduate and Law housing.
*All students who have a late stay for graduation or summer transition will need to have their ID updated at an Onity Kiosk or at any Front Desk.
Finals Week - Wellness
Finals week can be a stressful but rewarding week. Please quickly review the information prepared by the Wellness Staff. Click here to learn tips and tricks to conquer your final exams including, time management, test taking skills, a list of finals study spaces, and a list of all the pre-finals events. Good luck with your exams!
Spring Checkout Process
The spring checkout process is right around the corner. Please see below for the scheduled move out dates.
- All Undergraduate Students must check out twenty-four hours after the Resident’s last examination or noon on Thursday, May 23, 2013, whichever comes earlier.
- All Graduate Students must check out by noon on Thursday, May 23, 2013.
- All Law Students must check out by noon on Sunday, May 19, 2013.
- All those graduating will be confirmed by the Registrar and automatically be placed on the late stay list until May 27, 2013 at noon.
*All students who have a late stay for graduation or summer transition will need to have their ID updated at a Onity Kiosk or at any Front Desk.
If you need special consideration to the above dates please email us at email@example.com to make special arrangements. If you need transition and summer housing please click this link for additional details.
Checkout Process and procedures:
Missions A, Missions B, Camino Founders, Vistas, Maher, and UTAs closing procedures.
Manchester Village closing procedures.
Presidio Terrace closing procedures.
- Read your specific checkout memo and attend closing meetings.
- Pack your items early if possible and have a meeting with your roommates to discuss specifics of cleaning, packing, storage, etc.
- When you check out your room should like it did when you moved in - clean and organized.
- All furniture should be returned to the original position (beds at same height, dressers and desks returned to original positions, etc) and double check all drawers, closets, and under beds for items.
- Check in with the mail center for forwarding mail for the summer.
- All residents must complete a standard checkout with walkthrough to sign Room Condition Form or complete an express checkout form to avoid an improper checkout fee.
Summer Housing Sign Ups on May 7th
Interested in joining our campus community for the summer? Residential Life is pleased to offer competitive housing rates. The best part about on campus housing for the summer is that you get to choose your start and end dates! Click here for all summer housing information.
Check out our new blog: Life in the Residence Halls
Have a question? Check out our FAQ Page
Click here for our 2013-2014 Returning Student Guide to Housing Sign-up! Our New Incoming student housing application will be on line May 6th.
Take a Tour of the Residence Halls
Residence Hall Association
Join RHA to help build community in your residence hall and advocate for student issues. Visit the RHA website to learn more and join!
Information on Emergency Preparedness for our Resident Students
For information on emergency preparedness for resident students, please visit this link.
For more information on events, please visit this link.