The CSS generates innovative strategies to assist all undergraduate students in persisting to graduation.
In partnership with the Associate Dean for Advising and Curriculum in the College of Arts & Sciences, the CSS provides leadership and direction for the university-wide First Year Experience (FYE) and Second Year Experience (SYE) initiatives.
The CSS offers Student Success Coaching where professional staff and peer coaches are available to meet with any undergraduate student experiencing challenges at USD that impact academic performance and persistence.
The CSS also processes undergraduate leaves of absence and undergraduate withdrawals from the university.
For a summary of CSS programs and services, please click here to download the general handout (PDF).
Center for Student Success Events
- February 11: Preceptorial Assistant Informational, 7:00pm in UC-107
- February 12: Preceptorial Assistant Informational, 1:00pm in UC-128
- February 20: Preceptorial Assistant applications due by 5:00pm in UC-114
- February 20: Out-of-State Student Council applications due by 5:00pm in UC-114
- February 24-March 10: Out-of-State Student Council interviews
- March 2-13: Preceptorial Assistant interviews
Important Dates to Remember
- February 11: Deadline 90% tuition refund
- February 18: Deadline 80% tuition refund
- February 25: Deadline 70% tuition refund
- March 2-30: Online class reservation for Summer 2015
- March 2: Priority deadline for Undergraduate Fall 2015 & Spring 2016 financial aid applications.
- March 6: Spring Holiday (no classes, offices open)