The Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research
The Caster Family Center is part of the Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research at the University of San Diego. The mission of the Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research is to provide research, evaluation, and consulting services that build the leadership and strategic- and evaluative-thinking capacity of local nonprofits as well as to be the leading source of information, data, and research on the local nonprofit sector.
The State of Nonprofits Quarterly Index is San Diego’s only index charting the economic health of local area nonprofits.
The Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research offers an online assessment that helps nonprofits measure and benchmark the ethical climate of the organization.
Among its services, the Caster Family Center:
- Offers access to and analysis of various types of nonprofit data
- Conducts studies and research on the sector
- Analyzes funding, public policy, and environmental trends affecting the nonprofit sector
- Provides program evaluation, needs assessments, and research services to nonprofit organizations on a fee-for-service basis
- Maintains databases on San Diego County’s 9,000+ public charities as well as private and community foundations