The University of San Diego School of Law is the premier legal education institution in San Diego. Our alumni have attained extraordinary positions of prominence in every legal setting and are highly sought after by private firms, the judiciary, public service institutions and the business sector.
The Office of Career and Professional Development is your primary point of contact with the law school. We work to bring you together with our other core constituents, our students and graduates.
As your representative, we strive to:
- Cultivate and develop effective communication between you and our students and alumni.
- Help meet your hiring needs by connecting you with qualified USD School of Law candidates.
- Assist in promoting your organization and opportunities within the law school.
- Foster and advance a strong working relationship between you and the law school.
Our staff includes an assistant dean for career and professional development, an associate director of career and professional development, and four attorney counselors, all of whom draw upon their own significant legal practice experience in developing career planning and recruitment strategies.
How we assist with your recruiting efforts:
- Each year we organize and manage several recruiting programs through which you can identify and recruit qualified USD Law students.
- We coordinate student interview schedules for our on-campus interview programs.
- Year-round, we promote your job opportunities through our Job Board, a centralized online resource providing students and alumni with direct, 24-hour access to your job opportunities.
- We analyze and advise on current job market and hiring trends and leverage our extensive industry knowledge to help you develop a customized recruiting strategy.
Thank you for visiting our website. If we can assist with any of your attorney or law clerk hiring needs, please email the Office of Career and Professional Development or call (619) 260-4529.