ITS Software Group negotiates and manages software licenses campuswide. The group keeps an inventory of software, including Adobe, Microsoft and SPSS, at a significantly discounted price or free to departments and individuals for academic use.
Most software can be requested for installation by a desktop technician, or installed remotely by a Help Desk phone analyst. In some cases, software is available for download and self-installation. As part of our campus-wide licensing, some products have limited home use licenses (including Microsoft Office). For clarification on the best method of installation for a specific software, please contact the Help Desk.
Some software titles are campus agreements, but other specialized software is paid for by the department or individual
To see a list of available software and to order, go to sandiego.edu/its/software. Some software downloads might send you a third 3rd-party website. Please check the list of available software before purchasing software for your department.
Software Licensing Knowledge Base Articles
- Dropbox for Business
- Software Request for Labs
- Tools for Sharing Files: Google Drive and Dropbox
- What if I move a shared Dropbox link or want to unshare a link?
- Automatic Software Updates via KBox
- ExamSoft used by Law School students
- Which Internet Browsers are supported through USD?
- Rosetta Stone Subscription
- How to install Dropbox for Mac
- VM Fusion Installation
- How to install and sync Dropbox on Windows 7
- How do I take a screenshot of my computer?
- What if Dropbox is already using my @sandiego.edu email address?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED