UPDATE: SEVIS introduces a new schedule of fees for students, exchange visitors, and schools.
Effective July 30, 2007, the USCIS will be observing a new schedule of fees for many types of immigration services.
1. For students who intend to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) please note that the filing fee for an I-765 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is now $340.
2. Replacing a lost I-94 Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Card is $320.
3. The filing fee for Form I-539 Extension of Stay as Nonimmigrant or Change Nonimmigrant Status is now $300.
As of January 2005: The Department of Homeland Security issued a news release with travel tips and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list for students and exchange visitors entering the United States. Click here for more information.
- Check for a travel endorsement signature on page 3 of your Form I-20. An endorsement signature is valid for a maximum of twelve months for F-1 students and six months for J-1 students. If you are traveling and you need a new signature, please see an advisor at the Office of International Students and Scholars right away.
- If you have moved, you must report address changes to our office within ten days.
- Changed majors? We need to update your I-20 to reflect the new field of study.
- Check the program end date on your I-20 (page 1, #5). If you need more time to complete your degree, let us know. We will not be able to extend program dates after the I-20 expires.
- Changes in contact information (email address and phone number) must be submitted to the OISS as well.
- Are you interested or currently participating in an internship (Curricular Practical Training)? We need to authorize this on your I-20. Stop by the office to pick up the CPT application.