Install USD's free Symantec AntiVirus program
Last updated 10/13/10
USD's IT department provides a free, permanent copy of Symantec AntiVirus to all USD students. It is available for Windows and Mac and includes free virus updates. Here is how to install it:
- Go to http://www.sandiego.edu/unet/virus.php and enter your UNET (CE6) username and password. Click "Log in."
- Click the download link that matches your operating system. For example, if you have Windows Vista, click the "Download Install_SAV_VISTA.exe" link, then click "Run."
- If you have a PC, the "Symantec AntiVirus - InstallShield Wizard" will pop up. Click "Next >."
- Click the radio button next to "I accept the terms in the license agreeement" and click "Next >."
- Choose "Complete" and click "Next >."
- Choose "Unmanaged" and click "Next >."
- Make sure "Auto-Protect," "Run LiveUpdate," and "Disable Windows Defender" are checked and click "Next >."
- Click "Install." Once the installation is complete, click "Finish."
- Note: The "LiveUpdate" program will tell you when virus updates are available. It's vital to keep your protection up-to-date.