The Office of University Design is responsible for the following matters concerning the university's collections:
- Maintaining, documenting and conserving the Decorative and Fine Art Collections of the university.
- Directing placement of the collection on campus and maintaining authority regarding art in public spaces.
- Coordinating insurance coverage for the collections with Risk Management regarding insurance policy for collection.
- Assisting University Relations with gifts-in-kind.
- Serving on the Curatorial Advisory Committee in selecting exhibitions.