Conferences and Events
The Leadership Institute is home to variety of initiatives offering opportunities for our students and the community to engage in leadership and learning in a variety of contexts. Current offerings include conferences and trainings in the areas of group relations, women's leadership, peace leadership and many others.
Leadership for Change
The Leadership Institute offers two group relations conferences each year. These conferences, titled Leadership for Change, have varied themes for each offering.
- Leadership for Change - July 17 - 19, 2015
- Leadership for Change - January 15 - 18, 2016
Women's Leadership Academy
- Women in Higher Education Leadership Summit (WHELS) - August 2 - 5, 2015
- Women's Voices, Women's Visions - August 13 - 16, 2015
- The SHE Experience - A Leadership Adventure for Women - Coming Soon!
Leadership Conversations Project
Students interested in these workshops may earn graduate credit by enrolling in LEAD 581 and completing required assignments and attending additional course meetings when required. Check the USD course schedule for details.
- Letting Go to Lead: Convening and Facilitating When Stakes Are High - Future workshop dates TBD
- The Power of Dialogue -Future workshop dates TBD
Leadership Institute Colloquium
The colloquia are monthly gatherings of faculty and graduate students to share their current research or
conceptual work and engage in scholarly dialogue. All are welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
Mondays, 3 - 4:30 pm
- September 29, 2015 --Bob Donmoyer - Room 211
- The Rhetoric and Reality of Collaborative Leadership: Verbal Snapshots from a Recent Mixed-Methods Study
- October 20, 2015-- Christopher Newman - Room 211
- Leading Diversity in STEM Education in the 21st Century
- November 17, 2015-- Pat Libby - Room 211
- Exploring Lobbying Practices in Israel’s Nonprofit Advocacy Organizations: An application of the Libby Lobbying model
- December 16, 2015-- Cheryl Getz - Room 211 *Tuesday*
- Engaged Pedagogies: The Practice and Scholarship of Teaching and Learning - more details
- February 23, 2016 -- Afsaneh Nahavandi
- Expanding Modern Leadership Perspectives through Indo-European Leadership (IEL)
- March 23, 2016 -- Zachary Green
- April 20, 2016 -- George Reed
- May 11, 2016 -- Frank Kemerer
Join our mailing list for more information on upcoming Leadership Institute events.