Peace and Global Education Certificate
Department of Learning and Teaching
- The University of San Diego Graduate School Admission Application
- One official sealed transcript from all colleges and universities attended, including community colleges. Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a Course-by-Course transcript evaluation from World Evaluation Services (WES).
- Two professional letters of recommendation from a current supervisor or a professor attesting to both academic and personal skills, and if possible, to teaching abilities.
- A current resumé or curriculum vita
- The Statement of Purpose with a maximum length of one double-spaced page.
- Please note that international applicants may not complete this certificate as a stand-alone program. International students must be pursuing a degree in order for the university to sponsor their student visas. This certificate may be completed in conjunction with the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction or the M.A. in Peace and Justice Studies.
Standardized Testing Requirements
- Applicants who feel that their Grade Point Averages do not adequately represent their ability to succeed in a graduate program may find it helpful to submit GRE scores for consideration. However, the GRE is not required for admission.
- Applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the program. Applicants may apply prior to completing their bachelor's degree. In this case, please submit your most up-to-date transcripts, and if admitted, submit a second set of official transcripts after your degree is conferred.
- The minimum cumulative Grade Point Average is 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) in all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- This program does not have any specific prerequisite courses.
- Professional or volunteer experience in education, peace, or conflict resolution is helpful but not required for admission.
- After an initial review of applications to the program, the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview with program faculty by phone or in person.
All application materials, including transcripts, test score reports and letters of recommendation, must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions by the deadline in order for your application to be considered. View current deadlines for admission.
Application Status and Decisions
To confirm that application materials have been received or to check the status of your application, please log in to the MySanDiego portal with your applicant log-in or contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (619) 260-4524. Admissions decision letters are sent via US Mail.
Submit all application materials online, or to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of San Diego
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
For questions about this program or the admissions requirements contact:
Office of Admissions and Outreach
School of Leadership and Education Sciences
University of San Diego
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall 149
Phone: (619) 260-7988