SOLES Latino Graduate Student Association
The SOLES Latino Graduate Student Association (SLGSA) is an organization that offers a support and social network for Chicano/Latino students, staff and alumni, which contributes to the principles of SOLES by upholding the values of family, culture, and academic excellence through the promotion of scholarship, community engagement and mentorship.The SLGSA hosts a number of events throughout the year such as the annual Day of the Dead and Cinco De Mayo celebrations in Mother Rosalie Hill Hall.
The mission of the SLGSA is to bring together SOLES Latino/a graduate students who are dedicated to:
- Mentor and support SOLES Latino graduate students in pursuit of academic excellence, degree completion, and professional goals;
- Stimulate and support academic and scholarly efforts to include the study of Latino culture;
- Educate USD and surrounding communities about the unique experiences, backgrounds, strengths, and culture of Latinos;
- Increase scholarship funds and financial support for SOLES Latino graduate students;
- Encourage, and facilitate communication between SOLES Latinos and other underrepresented communities at USD;
- Actively recruit, retain, and support SOLES Latino graduate students;
- Liaison with SOLES Latino alumni; and
- Support the mission of the University of San Diego.