|Nominations||Present Professorships||Past Professorships|
University Professors are those who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievements in teaching and research supporting the mission and goals of USD.
- Nominations/applications due to Deans: Monday, November 4, 2013, or such earlier date as set by the academic unit
- Recommendations from the Deans due to University Professorship Oversight Committee: Monday, December 2, 2013
- Ratification by University Professorship Oversight Committee due by: January 17, 2014
- Announcements by President: Last week of January 2014
Five professorships in total: two for Arts and Sciences, one for Business, one for Law, one each for SOLES and Nursing in alternate years: in 2014-2015, SOLES has one. In the future, there will be professorships from the School of Peace Studies.
$20,000 per professorship.
For an internal professorship, the funds may be used flexibly for course reduction, salary supplement, travel, project needs, or other appropriate purpose; for course reductions, the cost to buy out a course is determined by the dean (depending on cost of replacement, among other factors). Benefits charged at 9.68% to the professorship account for course reductions and/or stipends.
- This one-year professorship is based on outstanding contributions at USD in teaching and research;
- Tenure required;
- There must be a seven-year hiatus between this award and a prior University Professorship.