|Nominations||Present Professorships||Past Professorships|
University Professors are those who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievements in teaching and research supporting the mission and goals of USD.
- Nominations/applications due to Deans: Monday, November 2, 2015, or such earlier date as set by the academic unit
- Recommendations from the Deans due to University Professorship Oversight Committee: Monday, November 30, 2015
- Ratification by University Professorship Oversight Committee due by: January 15, 2016
- Announcements by President: Last week of January 2016
Five professorships in total: two for Arts and Sciences, one for School of Business, one for School of Law, and every third year, one from SOLES, one from School of Nursing, and one from the Shiley-Marco School of Engineering. In 2016-2017, Engineering has one; in 2017-2018, SOLES has one; and in 2018-2019, Nursing has one. In the future, there will be a professorship from the Kroc School of Peace Studies.
$20,000 per professorship.
For an internal professorship, the funds may be used flexibly for course reduction, salary supplement, travel, project needs, or other appropriate purpose; for course reductions, the cost to buy out a course is determined by the dean (depending on cost of replacement, among other factors). Benefits charged at 9.68% to the professorship account for course reductions and/or stipends.
- This one-year professorship is based on outstanding contributions at USD in teaching and research;
- Tenure required;
- There must be a seven-year hiatus between this award and a prior University Professorship.