Understanding Low-Income Consumers and Strategy
- Strategic Foundations to Access Emerging Consumers: Lessons from Emerging Retailers. G. D'Andrea, M. Zemborain and B. López Alemán.
- Low Income Women: Why They Buy Beauty Products. L.Hor-Meyll.
- Adoption and Use of Technology by Low-Income Young Consumers: The Case of Cellular Phones. A. da Rocha, J. Martins, H. Pacheco and G. de Góes.
- Illiterate Consumer Vulnerability. F. Chertman and F. Aranha.
Evolving Models for BOP Markets
- Market Orientation and Marketing Competence in Base of the Pyramid Countries. G. Knight.
- Drivers of Innovation to Serve Low-Income Citizens: Pushing Corporations Out of their Comfort Zones. R. Gutiérrez and A. Vernis.
- Poverty Reduction through Market Formation? The Role of Market Agency. S. Lindeman.
- Base of the Pyramid Initiatives: Insight from History and Entrepreneurship. M. Meyskens.
Models for Dual Value Creation
- A Three-Pronged Approach to Social Business: a Brazilian Multi-Case Analysis. E. Barki, G. M. Comini and L. Aguiar.
- Scaling Social Enterprise: A Comparative Study of Naandi and Drishtee in Rural India. G. Desa and J. Koch
- Social Marketing for Sustainable Development: The Indian Experiences. R. Shanker.
- Social Business Models at the Base: Creating the Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid. S.J. Kamath, Y.J. Lee and T. Zhang.
A Fortune at the BOP?
- How Different are BOP Markets Really? International Market Selection at the Base of the Pyramid. M. Rivera-Santos and C. Rufín.
- If there is Fortune at the BOP, Why aren't MNC Grabbing It? Barriers to Implementation of BOP Ventures in Large Corporations. E. Reficco.
- Convergence and Divergence in Social and Commercial Value Creation Among Inclusive Businesses in Latin America. J. Bruni and R. Gonzalez.
- Piercing the BOP Veil: The Need for Evidence-Based BOP Models. M.L. Gallardo and M.M. Laurito.
Financial Services and Poverty Alleviation: Myth or Reality?
- Alternative Financial Services in Informal Economic Settings: Poverty Alleviation or Poverty Perpetuation? L. Dlabay.
- Microfinance, Mission Drift and the Impact on the Base of the Pyramid: Differentiating Capabilities of For-Profit and Not-For-Profit MFIs. L. Sama and R. M. Casselman.
- The Cross-National Transfer of Low-Income Business Models: State Fragility and the Global Growth of Commercial Microfinance. J. Ault and A. Spicer.
Permeating the Curricula I
- Influence of BOP Strategy on the Faculty of Industrial Design. V. Parmar, J.C. Diehl and P. Kandachar.
- Accounting for Poverty: A Challenge to Business Schools. P. Motta, M. Cupolillo and T. Brashear Alejandro.
- Strategies for Integrating Poverty into Mainstream Business Classrooms. B. Paton, J. Harris-Boundy and P. Melhus.
- Integration of "Base of the Pyramid" Instruction into Existing Business Courses. L. Dlabay
- Immersive Professional Learning for Social Impact: Insights from the Frontier Market Scouts Program. B. Paton and Y. Shi.
- Collaborations across Campus and across Town: Preparing College Students to Engage in Social Innovation Careers. R. Gailey.
Needs and Expectations of Low Income Consumers
- Perceptions, Attitudes and Meanings of Leisure among Young Low-Income Consumers: an Exploratory Study of a Rio de Janeiro Community. F. Francisco de Araujo, M. Chauvel, A. da Rocha and M. Schulze.
- Are Low-income Consumers Different? Differences among Consumers from Different Socio-Economic Tiers and Population Densities. I. Martinez, M. Dávila-Aguirre, and G. Lozano.
- Hierarchy of Goals in Food Purchase: The Contrast between Brazilian Women from Low and High Income Classes. J. Hees and R. Marchetti.
Ecosystems and the BOP
- The Inclusive Business Ecosystem: Lessons Learned in Latin America. R. Van Haeringen and S. Hai.
- Cross-Sector Collaborations for Development at the Base of the Pyramid: Philips’ Pilot Project in Ghana. S. Van Den Waeyenberg.
- The Rural Innovation Platform Protocol: Innovation Process from the Collaboration of an Indian Social Company and Japanese Multinational Corporations. S. Tsuchiya, F. Sugeno, N. Gachhayat and S. Mishra.
- Model Strengthening Social Capital and Access to Capital for Sustainable Poverty Alleviation. T. Handono Eko Prabowo.
Business and Development
- Bottom of the Pyramid Ventures for Sustainable Rural Development in India. K. Laghate and S. Datar.
- Micro and Small Enterprises: Growth and Poverty Reduction. A. Toledo López, P. Sánchez-Medina and M. Yescas-León.
- A Brazilian Case Study in Efforts at the Base-of-the-Pyramid. P. Karashiro, T. Fort and M. Starik.
- The Rural Rear Window: Developing a Consumer Agenda for the Indian Rural Market. F. Swaminathan.