- Permit. You must display a valid USD parking permit at all times while parking on campus. Permits must be clearly displayed at all times on all vehicles parked on the USD Campus. Permits must be displayed either on the windshield or on the dashboard, such that the entire permit numbers, dates and barcodes are clearly and entirely visible from the outside of the vehicle. Permits may not be hidden by tint or other obstructions.
- Area FULL. If your designated parking area is FULL, please park in the main or the West Parking Structures. Do not park in an area that you are not designated to as this only contributes to parking congestion.
- Do not park in USD VEHICLE ONLY spaces, TOW AWAY spaces, fire lanes (red curb), on the sidewalk or taking up more than one space (tires crossing the line) at any time.
- The Alcala Vista parking lots and Camino/Founders parking areas are reserved 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for residents of those areas. Only vehicles with Alcala Vista or Camino/Founder parking permits are allowed to park in these specific areas.
- Only residents of the UTAs or PTAs are allowed to park in the lots next to these apartment complexes. Vehicles parked in these areas must have both a UTA/PTA sticker and a Resident Housing parking permit. The UTA/PTA stickers will be given out on a lottery basis and all residents are not guaranteed a sticker. The lottery will be completed based on Residents who finish their room Condition Forms and Emergency Cards and turn them into their Resident Assistant. This sticker must be affixed to the front of the permit, but may not block the permit numbers.
- You may also park in the West Parking Structure/West Lot with a valid UTA/PTA permit. You may park on main campus after 7:00pm.
- Posted signs. Please read all signs posted on cones and/or barricades before parking to ensure you don't park in an area that is closed/reserved.
- Time restricted space. Loading zones and time restricted spaces are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may only park in these spaces/areas for the amount of time indicated on the space/area.
- You must park in non-reserved, non-residential, white-lined spaces on campus from 6:00am-5:00pm. After 5:00pm you are allowed to park in white and yellow-lined spaces, as well as reserved spaces, which are not marked 24/7. You must move your vehicle by 6:00am the next morning back to a white-line, non-residential space.
- You may park in the West Lot, West Parking Structure and levels 3-5 of the Mission Parking Structure.
- You cannot park in the Alcala Vista lots, San Buenaventura lot, UTA/PTA lots, Mission B lot, the Camino/Founder section of the Institute for Peace and Justice building or any residential zone at anytime. These areas are reserved for residents only, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visitor spaces and loading zones may be utilized by any valid USD permit, regardless of location within the indicated time constraints.
- Commuters may park in the Faculty/Staff parking area in the Vistas, behind the tennis courts, from 5:00pm-8:00am.
You must park in white-lined spaces in your assigned parking area from 6:00am-7:00pm. After 7:00pm you are allowed to park on main campus in white or yellow-lined spaces as well as in reserved spaces. You must move your vehicle by 6:00am the next morning back to your assigned area. Levels 1-2 in the Main Structure are reserved 24/7 for Maher and Valley residents. No resident may park in levels 3-5 from 6:00am until 7:00pm. All residents may park in the West Parking Structure and lot.
- Camino/Founder Residents must park in the bottom two levels of the IPJ garage. Only Camino/Founder residents are allowed to park in the Camino/Founder parking. All others will be cited.
- Maher, Mission A/B, Bahia, and San Buenaventura Residents must park in the Mission Structure levels 1-2 and surrounding surface lots of the Mission housing complex.
- Manchester Residents must park in the Manchester Garage or in the surrounding surface lots. Manchester Residents may not park in the Main Parking Structure levels 3-5 and Main ampus until after 7:00pm and must move back to their designated residential zone by 6:00am.
- Vista Residents must park in the surface lots surrounding the Vista Resident halls. Only Vista residents are allowed to park in the Vista lots. All others will be cited. Vista Residents may park in the Faculty/Staff lot in the Vistas between 7:00pm and 6:00am. Vista Residents may NOT park in the 1 hour visitor spaces until after 7:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- UTA/PTA Residents must park in the lots next to their apartment buildings. Only UTA or PTA residents are allowed to park in the UTA or PTA lots and must have a valid UTA/PTA sticker along with a valid USD Residential permit. All others will be cited. Please see your Resident Assistant for more information in obtaining a UTA/PTA sticker.
- If your assigned area is full, you may park in the West Parking Structure or lot.
Fringe permit holders must park in levels B1 and below of the West Parking Structure. The rules for Fringe parking are enforced throughout the year, including school breaks, intersession, summer and holidays. Fringe Permit holders may park on main campus from 7:00pm-6:00am.
Please ensure your permit is always properly displayed while parking on campus. .
- Permits must be clearly displayed at all times on all vehicles parked on the USD Campus. Permits must be displayed either on the windshield or on the dashboard, such that the entire permit numbers, dates and barcodes are clearly and entirely visible from the outside of the vehicle. Permits may not be hidden by tint or other obstructions.
- Motorcycle permits must be affixed to a visible part of the motorcycle that is readily visible. It may be placed on the fender, spoke etc.
Parking Permit Price List, 2012 - 2013
Resident Students - $290.00
- Alcala Vista Apartments
- Camino Hall
- Founders Hall
- University Terrace Apartments (UTA, sticker required from RA)*
- Maher Hall
- Mission (Valley) Housing - Phase A and Phase B
- Presidio Terrace Apartments (PTA, sticker required from RA)
- Manchester Village
*UTA residents may purchase a discounted permit that will allow them to park in the West Parking Structure and lot. After 7:00pm they can park in any non-reserved white-line spaces on the Main Campus but must return to the West parking areas. However, this permit will not allow UTA residents to park in the UTA parking lot. This permit is sold in the Parking Services Office, University Center, room 102. Annual Price is $90. Please contact Parking Services for more information regarding this permit.
Commuter Student Annual - $280.00
Commuter Students Semester - $140.00
Commuter Students Semester PART-TIME* - $70.00
Motorcycle/Scooter/Moped (annual) - $45.00
*To be eligible for part-time status, students must be registered for less than 12 units for undergraduates and JD, less than 9 units for graduate and LLM students. If you believe to be classified in error, please contact the Registrar's office and bring documentation to the Parking Service's office prior to purchasing your permit.
Fringe Permit Annual (limited quantity) - $125.00
Designated parking locations for Fringe permits are in the West Parking Structure levels B1- B3 ONLY. You may park on the Main Campus after 7:00pm. This permit is available on a first come first serve basis.
*Fringe permits are available to Faculty/Staff and Commuter Students only.