- Student parking regulations
- Commuter Students
- Resident Students
- Fringe Parking
- Parking Permit Price List, 2014 - 2015
- Permit - A valid USD parking permit must be displayed at all times while parked on campus. Permits must be displayed either on the windshield or on the dashboard, such that the entire permit numbers, dates and barcodes are clearly visible from the front of the vehicle. Permits must not be hidden by tint or other obstructions.
- Area Designations – You must park in your assigned area during the times listed below. Parking outside of designated areas will contribute to parking congestion. Vehicles outside of their assigned areas will be cited and/or towed.
- Restricted Spaces – You must not park in USD Only spaces and Tow-Away spaces.
- Posted Signs - Please read all signs posted on cones and/or barricades before parking to ensure you don't park in an area that is reserved or closed.
- Timed Spaces- Loading zones and time restricted spaces are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may only park in these spaces/areas for the amount of time indicated in the space/area.
- Pay and Display Spaces – Students may park in pay and display spaces for the time allotted and must pay the parking meter.
- You must park in any unmarked (non-residential), white-lined spaces on the main campus, Monday-Friday, 6:00am to 5:00pm.
- You may park in any yellow-lined space or reserved space (not marked 24/7 or indicated by Parking Services) between 5:00pm and 6:00am.
- You may not park in any residential area at any time. This includes the bottom two levels of the Mission Structure, the UTA, the PTA, the Valley, Vistas, and Camino/Founders areas.
You must park in the white-lined spaces in your assigned parking area or the West Structure/Lot from 6:00am-7:00pm. Between 7:00pm and 6:00am, you are allowed to park on main campus in white or yellow-lined or reserved spaces (not marked 24/7 or indicated by Parking Services).You may not park in any other residential area at any time.
- Camino/Founder- You must park in the bottom two levels of the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice garage.
- Maher, Mission A/B, Bahia, and San Buenaventura (Valley)- You must park in the Mission Structure levels 1-2 and surrounding surface lots of the Mission housing complex.
- Manchester- You must park in the Manchester Garage or in the surrounding surface lots.
- Vista- You must park in the surface lots surrounding the Vista Resident halls.
- UTA/PTA- You must park in the lots next to your apartment buildings.
If your assigned area is full, you must park in the West Parking Structure or lot.
- You must park on levels B1-B3 of the West Parking Structure between 6:00am to 7:00pm on weekdays.
- You may park on main campus from 7:00pm-6:00am on weekdays.
- You may not park in any residential area at any time.
Resident Student Annual - $290.00
- Alcala Vista Apartments
- Camino Hall
- Founders Hall
- University Terrace Apartments
- Maher Hall
- Mission (Valley) Housing - Phase A and Phase B
- Presidio Terrace Apartments
- Manchester Village
UTA residents may purchase a discounted permit that will allow them to park in the West Parking Structure/Lot or Valley housing parking area only. You will not be allowed to park in the
UTA lot with this permit. To purchase this permit, please stop by the Parking Services’ office located in the University Center, room 102. This permit is available at a discounted rate of $90.
- Commuter Student Annual - $280.00
- Commuter Students Semester - $140.00
- Commuter Students Semester, Part-time - $70.00
To be eligible for part-time status, students must be registered for less than 12 units for undergraduates and JD, less than 9 units for graduate and LLM students. If you believe to be classified incorrectly, please contact the Registrar's office and bring documentation to the Parking Services’ office prior to purchasing your permit.
- Fringe Permit Annual - $125.00
Fringe permits are not available to resident students.
- Motorcycle Annual - $45.00