- Location. You may park in any yellow or white lined space on campus.
You cannot park in any space with posted restrictions such as a cone or a barricade. You cannot park in a reserved space without a valid reserved/alternate permit for that space between the hours of 6AM and 5PM Monday through Friday.
- Permit. Permits must be clearly displayed at all times on all vehicles parked on the USD Campus. Permits must be displayed either on the windshield or on the dashboard, such that the entire permit numbers, dates and barcodes are clearly and entirely visible from the outside of the vehicle. Permits may not be hidden by tint or other obstructions.
- Area FULL. If your designated parking area is FULL, please park in the Main or the West Parking Structures. Do not park in an area that you are not designated to as this only contributes to adding to parking congestion.
- Do not park in USD VEHICLE ONLY spaces, TOW AWAY spaces, fire lanes (red curb), on the sidewalk or taking up more than one space (tires crossing the line) at any time.
- The Alcala Vista parking lots and the Camino/Founder level of the IPJ structure are reserved 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for those residents only. Only vehicles with Alcala Vista or Camino/Founder parking permits are allowed to park in these areas.
- Only residents of the UTAs or PTAs are allowed to park in the lots next to these apartment complexes. A valid resident permit is required and a UTA or PTA sticker is required. These stickers are obtained from the RA of the complex. This sticker must be affixed to the front of the permit, but may not block the permit numbers.
- You may park in the West Parking Structure/West Lot with a valid UTA/PTA permit. You may park on main campus after 7:00p.m.
- Posted signs. Please read all signs posted on cones and/or barricades before parking to ensure you don't park in an area that is closed/reserved.
- Time restricted space. Loading zones and time restricted spaces are enforced 24 hours a day. You may only park in these spaces/areas for the amount of time indicated on the space/area.
Fresh air permits are valid for sixteen (16) days per semester and are free of charge. The permit must be stamped at the kiosk on the day of use when entering campus.
Fringe permit holders must park in levels B1 and below of the West Parking Structure. The rules for Fringe parking are enforced throughout the year, including school breaks, intersession, summer and holidays. Fringe Permit holders may park on main campus from 7pm-6am.
Please ensure your permit is always properly displayed while parking on campus.
- Permits must be clearly displayed at all times on all vehicles parked on the USD Campus. Permits must be displayed either on the windshield or on the dashboard, such that the entire permit numbers, dates and barcodes are clearly and entirely visible from the outside of the vehicle. Permits may not be hidden by tint or other obstructions.
- Motorcycle permits must be affixed to a visible part of the motorcycle that is readily visible. It may be placed on the fender, spoke etc.
Parking Permit Price List, 2010 - 2011
Faculty / Staff / Administration
Faculty/Staff/Administration Reserved (6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) $660.00
Faculty/Staff/Administration Full-Time Annual - $255.00
Faculty/Staff/Administration Fall - $127.50
Faculty/Staff/Administration Spring - $127.50
(Reserved Spaces are reserved for use by the individual employees who have paid those fees.)
Faculty/Staff/Administration Fall PART-TIME* - $63.75
Faculty/Staff/Administration Spring PART-TIME* - $63.75
*ONLY non-benefit based employees are eligible to purchase a part-time permit. Part-time status must be verified with Human Resource.
Retired - $0
Motorcycle/Scooter/Moped (annual) - $45.00
Fresh air permits are valid for sixteen(16) days per semester and are free of charge. The permit must be stamped at the kiosk on the day of use when entering campus. Do not
Fringe Permit (Annual Only- Limited Time Only) - $125.00
Designated parking locations for Fringe permits are in the West Parking Structure levels B1- B3 ONLY. You may park on the Main Campus after 7:00pm. This permit is available on a first come first serve basis.
*Fringe permits are available to faculty/staff and commuter students only