Parking Information for Guests and Special Events
Guest Parking Regulations
Guests to campus must pay to park in either the Mission Parking Structure (subject to space availability) or the West Parking Structure, West Parking Lot and Gravel Parking Lot. Payment is required Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm. Guests may also pre-purchase daily permits using the online customer portal. Please visit the paid parking page for more information about paid parking on campus, including rates and payment methods.
When visiting USD, please plan ahead and allow yourself ample time to park your vehicle, pay at a pay station, and take the tram to your desired destination or event.
- Tram Service - A Tram service is offered free of charge from the West Parking Structure up to main campus. The tram runs every 5 to 7 minutes. A complete tram schedule is available on the Tram Services Website.
- Restricted Spaces - You may not park in USD Only spaces, Tow-Away spaces, or reserved spaces.
- Posted Signs - Please read all signs posted on cones and/or barricades before parking to ensure you don't park in an area that is reserved or closed.
- Timed Spaces - Loading zones and time restricted spaces are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may only park in these spaces/areas for the amount of time indicated in the space/area.
- Metered Spaces - You may park in metered spaces for under the time allotted and must pay at the Pay Station.
Special Event Parking
While parking on campus, a valid USD permit must be displayed (or payment at a pay station must be made) Monday through Friday from 7:00am - 7:00pm. Event coordinators may request permits in advance from the Parking Services Office at the rate of $8.00/day or $40.00/week.