Hugh & Hazel Darling Foundation
Originalism Works-in-Progress Conference
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice at the University of San Diego
Sponsored by the Center for the Study of Constitutional Originalism, the conference will involve the presentation of a variety of new works concerning originalism. All scholars who are interested in originalism are invited to attend. This conference is made possible through support from the Hugh & Hazel Darling Foundation.
Conference Introductory Remarks
- Introductory Remarks by Mike Rappaport
- Presentation: Jamal Greene (Columbia): "Rule Originalism"
- Commentary: Michael McConnell (Stanford)
- Presentation: Larry Solum (Georgetown): "The Constraint Principle"
- Commentary: Richard Fallon (Harvard)
- Presentation: William Baude (Chicago) and Stephen Sachs (Duke): "The Law of Interpretation"
- Commentary: Randy Barnett (Georgetown)
- Presentation: Kurt Lash (Illinois): "The Due Process Understanding of the 1866 Civil Rights Act"
- Commentary: John Harrison (Virginia)
- Presentation: John McGinnis (Northwestern) and Michael Rappaport (San Diego): "Defending Original Methods"
- Commentary: Chris Green (Mississippi)
- Presentation: Jeffrey Pojanowski (Notre Dame) and Kevin Walsh (Richmond): "Enduring Originalism"
- Commentary: Mitch Berman (Penn)