Picasa is a downloadable free Google product that makes working with photos on your computer easy and fun. You no longer have to be a Photoshop expert or make a large time investment in order to get great results editing, cropping, and sharing your images. With Picasa you can be up and running in just minutes, perform basic photo corrections, enhance with artistic filters, create Web albums, gifts, prints and more.
Have you ever wanted to share your travel photos with your class? What about your family and friends that don’t live nearby?
Picasa simplifies the editing process and offers you flexible ways to share your pictures online
- Crop, correct, enhance, and add artistic filters to your digital photos.
- Create beautiful Web albums, add captions, and even associate geographic information with your pictures so that they appear on a global map.
- Make new collections of photos without ever moving the original images on your hard drive.
- Create full screen slideshows of your pictures, even add music!
- Order prints and gifts online and allow others to download high resolution images for printing too.
- Have access to your photos from anywhere with Internet connection.
- Picasa interfaces with other products you may already be using, such as Blogger and Facebook.
Faculty members are finding this tool very valuable in editing and sharing image galleries with their classes. This can be done by adding album links to your Blackboard class so that students can access them outside of class hours.
Go to the Picasa download page to download the software for free!
For additonal help, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org