What is Adobe Creative Suite software?
The Adobe Creative Suite consists of a mix of different Adobe software titles, prepackaged according to the category of use: Design, Web and Video Production. Each package has both standard and premium versions with premium versions containing an additional one or two software titles. There are three main categories of software: versions. The Design suite is intended primarily for print design and production and includes InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat 9 Pro are the major titles, with a Premium version adding Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks. The Web suite is principally offered for those who design, develop and maintain websites. The standard version includes Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Contribute, with the premium version editing Acrobat 9 Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Finally, the production suite includes only one version: production premium. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, Premier Pro, and Soundbooth round out the available selections.
Adobe Creative Suite Main Page: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/
USD Software List: http://www.sandiego.edu/its/software/titles/
Why do I want it?
In this description, let's look at the web standard version. The software suite includes something for everyone, from beginners to advanced users.
For beginners, Adobe contribute offers easy website authoring and publishing without the need to learn HTML.
- Simply drag and drop images, animations or PDF documents into regions of your webpages.
- Edit within your browser-edit pages directly in your web browser without having to open another application
- Use templates to easily format content and easily share with users of Adobe Dreamweaver
- Fireworks allows users to create and optimize images for the Web as well as provides some powerful tools to create website navigation interfaces.
Adobe Creative Suite at USD
- Adobe Contribute is used by departmental website support staff throughout USD.
- Adobe Photoshop is used by most high-end photographers at USD and much of the graphics editing is accomplished using the many filters and effects present in the software.
- Take advantage of free beginning level training classes covering some of the major Creative Suite packages at USD (see links below)
How Do I get it?
- USD Adobe Software List and Purchasing Guidelines for faculty and staff: http://www.sandiego.edu/its/software/apps/adobe.php
- USD Bookstore’s Academic Pricing: http://www.usdbookstore.com/
Support and Further Information
- We're here to help!
- Photoshop Project - Customize a Banner for your WebCT Course!
Click here to download and print instructions OR
Click here to see a video 'how-to', then select and download one of the templates below:
Click here to select and download the banner template above.
- Click here to select and download the banner template above.