Academic Technology Services (ATS) is the largest unit of ITS with over 40 professional staff and over 50 students to support services that we offer to the academic community. We work closely with all other ITS partners to bring you the most reliable infrastructure and network operations that we can. The steps below will help get you started at USD.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS
Please complete your Before Your First Day checklist for Human Resources including the final step of filling out the Confidential Employee Information form before going through these steps. Your access to all of our computing systems begins after you have completed all of the neccessary Human Resources forms and documentation.
Once you submit the forms contact Human Resources at 619-260-4594 or visit Maher 101 in person when you arrive on campus to obtain your Banner ID, which is needed to proceed with the following steps.
- Using your Banner ID to create your USDOne account/USD email address
- How to order your new computer
- How to order software
- Additional froms to obtain access
- Technologies, support, & services
- Additonal Resources
With your Banner ID you can now setup your USDOne account that will also be used for your USD email address.
Visit MySanDiego Portal, and click on Register/Claim your USDOne account
Within hours after completing the setup of your USDOne account, you can use your USD username to access the following USD sites to get more familiar with campus.
MySanDiego - Online portal/USD community, course rosters
USD Exchange -Faculty/staff web-based email
USD LMS Blackboard Olé -USD Blackboard Learning Management Systems (visit our Blackboard Ole page to learn)
If you are experiencing difficulties or need assistance in using this form to activate your MySanDiego account, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900.
- First check eligibility requirements and ask your hiring manager regarding P.O.E.T.S code information.
- Review the standard list of standard specifications for desktop or laptop options. If you need assistance making your selection, please contact the Computer Order Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org x4167) or your hiring department.
- Complete the New Computer Request Form
- Any additional configurations (other than the standard hardware or above listed campus licensed software), will require pre-approval from the departmental liaison to cover the cost.
- All computers come pre-installed with Microsoft Office (site licensed), Internet Browsers, and Anti Virus.
- Additional specialzed programs and applications may be requested such as EndNote, ArcGIS, and Respondus.
- Upon submission of requests, computers will be ordered and configured by our technical staff and will be shipped to the designated department or room ready for your arrival
Click here to see a list of Software available to you at no charge. Important: Specialized software requests may require departmental authorization before you submit the online form and are subject to a departmental charge.
Standard Printers - ITS as part of the green initiative is moving towards purchase of multi-function (MFP) printers for departmental use. Please contact your department chair for more information.
Please review our policy on Responsible Use of University Computing Resources, the university's computing guidelines.
Please contact the help desk at 619-260-7900 for access to additional university systems such as Active Directory (AD - for Exchange, the faculty/staff email system, VPN, and faculty storage space, ect)
- The University Learning Managment System (LMS) is Blackboard 9.1. In order to obtain a course on the University's LMS, you must first complete a Blackboard Essentials training and request a course shell. We offer various trainings throughout the semester, but we are happy to meet one-on-one if you are unable to attend a scheduled session. Please contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment!
- University email for faculty and staff is Exchange http://exchange.sandiego.edu
- University portal system is MySandiego http://my.sandiego.edu
- Teaching and learning technologies are also available such as Turnitin, iClickers, Qualtrics, Respondus, and more! For faculty instructional technology information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training is provided to the entire USD community throughout the year on various topics such as Blackboard, Plagarism Detection, Social Media in the Classroom, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Access, etc.), Apps for Education, Digital Badges, Adobe products, and many more. Please visit our training calendar to view a full list of offerings and register today!
- Faculty File Storage/Backup - 20 GB of personal server storage space
- Academic Technology services events -- we encourage you to attend one of the many events:
Who can I call if I am having trouble with my computer?
- ITS Help Desk and Desktop Support
- Search the Help Knowledge Base
- Submit a Help Request online
- Security - Protect your personal information
- Phishing - Report suspicious emails: email@example.com
Computing Labs | firstname.lastname@example.org | x2765
How do I reserve a lab, or request that special software be installed in a lab for my class?
Instructional Media Services | email@example.com | x4567
How can I create videos and graphics for my class?
- Video and Media Options
- Classroom Console Tutorials
- Media lab location
- Equipment Checkout
- Graphic Design and Printing Services
Web Services | firstname.lastname@example.org | x7600
How do I go about getting access to a web site?