Note: Conversation view is only available in the Premium interface of OWA.
Note: OWA now has the same functionality across major browsers in most cases; see In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces? For more information on using OWA, with your Inbox displayed, click
? (the question mark) at the top right.
In Outlook Web App (OWA), conversation view groups email messages into conversations based on the subject of the message. Conversation view is enabled by default for every mail folder in your mailbox. You can disable it, but you will need to disable it on each folder separately; there is no option to disable the setting on multiple folders. To disable or enable conversation view:
- In the left column of OWA, click the folder for which you want to modify conversation view.
- In the right window, below the "New" option, click the drop-down arrow next to "Arrange by:".
- At the bottom of the menu, to disable the option, uncheck
Conversation, or to enable it, check this box.
- Repeat all the steps above for every folder for which you want to disable or enable conversation view.
(Content used with permission of Indiana University. You can find the original at http://kb.iu.edu/data/azwv.html)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- Basic/Light version of Outlook Web App loads in Internet Explorer 11
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Requesting an Exchange account for a student employee
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- How-to forward Exchange email account to another account
- When I email another sandiego.edu address from Exchange, I get an error with a long email address
- How to manage Junk Email on Exchange
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange