What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a web based, surveying software that enables users without coding knowledge to develop, publish, and collect responses to surveys. Qualtrics offers many advanced, but user-friendly features such as:
• Easy survey design with question libraries, point-and-click editing, automatic choices, and question randomization
• Comprehensive list of question types including pick, group & rank, drill down, rank order, heat map and hot spots
• Distribution & Panel Management
Why Qualtrics? Product highlights include:
• Extremely easy to use, including a survey building wizard
• Long list of advanced features
• Customized institutional branding
• Real-time, flexible reporting output, download to Excel
• Over 100 question types to choose from
• Supports the inclusion of video, graphics and rich media
• Automatically tracks invitations and reminders via email
• Numerous sample surveys to use as examples or templates
• Support site that is rich in tutorials and self-paced on-demand training
Who is eligible to use Qualtrics?
• Qualtrics is available at no cost to faculty/staff/students of the Schools/Divisions who participated in the cost sharing license agreement
• (The opted in units are: ITS; CAS;SBA;SOLES; Student Affairs; the Office of Finance and Administration, and Institutional Research)
If you need qualtrics and not part of the opted-in division:
http://www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/qualtrics_quickstart.php - Click on the "this link" to fill out the form to request access.
What if I have questions about Qualtrics?
• If you are experiencing access problems (not able to create your Qualtrics account), please contact the help desk at 619-260-7900 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Most questions can be answered by going to http://www.qualtrics.com/university
Tutorials and Training:
University of San Diego Site Training: http://www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/qualtrics_training.php
Qualtrics Site Training: http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/
The Qualtrics website offers an extensive set of online resources
• Contact Qualtrics using e-mail. (email@example.com)
• Contact Qualtrics by phone at 1-800-340-9194
Signing up for Qualtrics:
Faculty and Students must create an account:
Go to http://www.sandiego.edu/qualtrics/getting_qualtrics.php
Click on the link in the instruction section half way down the page "this link."
Enter your MySanDiego username and password.
Click “I don’t have a Qualtrics Account”.
Follow the instructions.
*IMPORTANT* Surveys need to be approved by the instructor prior to launching.
If the user cannot create an account or does not have rights to access to Qualtrics, please contact the Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.