In Outlook 2010, it does not send from the default profile or PST files any longer. To get it to work you must create a new user profile.
· Close Outlook 2010 if it is open at the moment.
· Click the Start Menu, and then Control Panel.
· Click Mail (32-bit)
· Click on the button to the right for Show Profiles… under the Profiles header.
· Select the bubble for Prompt for a profile to be used, click Apply.
· Click Add…
· Enter “Mail Merge DL” for the Profile Name, and then click OK.
· Create the Distribution List email profile only under the new profile.
o Reference “How to setup an email alias account in Outlook 2007 & 2010 for PC”
§ Knowledge Base Article: http://www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/kb/84351
· Click on the Outlook 2010 icon, either in your Start Menu or Desktop. Choose the mail merge account that you just created.
· Create a mail merge in Word. Then, send it like you would and email from the options in the Word banner
*Reminder: Remember to restart Outlook and select the specific account each time you wish to send a mail merge or view regular email.