1. Prenuptial Examination Form - This document is to be completed with a priest, deacon or church representative during your "initial interview". (This form is sometimes called a Pre-Marital Inquiry or Pre-Marital Investigation Form)
2. Statements of Freedom to Marry - These forms are to be filled out by a parent, sibling or close relative who can attest to your freedom to marry. (One Freedom to Marry Affidavit must be filled out for both the bride and the groom.)
3. Baptismal Certificates - From Catholics, a recently issued baptismal certificate (dated within six month) is required. From non-Catholics, if baptized, a certificate of baptism is also required, however no time restriction applies.
4. Confirmation Certificate - From Catholics, if confirmed, a confirmation certificate (or date and place of confirmation) is required. No time restrictions apply. Photocopies of originals are fine.
5. Marriage Preparation Certificates of Completion - Certificates of completion are required as proof of attendance in the marriage preparation programs.
6. A Letter of Good Standing - Officiating priests or deacons from outside the San Diego Diocese are required to submit a letter of good standing from their Diocese in order to obtain delegation.
7. California Marriage License - California marriage licenses are good for 90 days and can be obtained at your local County Recorder's Office.
Note: The above documents should be given to your priest. Once your file is complete, your priest will forward the file to The Immaculata. This should be done no later than two weeks before the wedding date.
Guidelines Agreement Form
Clergy Form (front/back)
Note: These forms should be submitted to the Parish Wedding Coordinator with your deposit within 30 days of setting a tentative date in order to confirm your reservation.