It is the mission of the USD Office of Financial Aid to provide financial assistance in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner as well as to provide the best possible service.
- To seek funding for students from as many sources as possible.
- To provide guidance in the application process.
- To represent the needs of USD students who have documented financial need, especially those who are first-generation in higher education.
- To provide financial aid counseling for students and their families.
- To provide money management guidance.
- To provide accurate and clear consumer information regarding financial aid at USD.
- To ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds.
- To provide the USD administration with information it needs to make informed decisions about financial aid funding for USD students.
- To maximize financial aid available to USD students within the limits of each source of funding.
- To work cooperatively and communicate effectively with co- workers, staff in other USD offices and the community to serve the goals of the University.
- To strive to be the best Office of Financial Aid.