To provide the highest quality customer service that consistently exceeds the expectations of students and families while still ensuring effective, efficient, and compliant delivery of financial assistance from federal, state, private, and institutional sources.
- To seek funding for students from as many sources as possible.
- To provide guidance in the application process.
- To represent the needs of USD students who have documented financial need, especially those who are first-generation in higher education.
- To provide financial aid counseling for students and their families.
- To provide money management guidance.
- To provide accurate and clear consumer information regarding financial aid at USD.
- To ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds.
- To provide the USD administration with information it needs to make informed decisions about financial aid funding for USD students.
- To maximize financial aid available to USD students within the limits of each source of funding.
- To work cooperatively and communicate effectively with co- workers, staff in other USD offices and the community to serve the goals of the University.
- To strive to be the best Office of Financial Aid.