Student Lab Guidelines
2011 - 2012
- The undergraduate Theatre Arts and Performance Studies interim chair will be the producer of the Undergraduate Theatre Lab. One or more students will be the Producing Director.
- Students interested in presenting work in the Student Lab need to individually or collectively decide what they would like to present, and submit those choices, along with scripts, to Lindsey Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The producer will make every effort to accommodate all who wish to participate. In the event that is not possible, the producer will make the final choice of what is to be presented.
- The Theatre Arts and Performance Studies Department will provide the following for all Lab projects:
- Space, as available, for all auditions, rehearsals and presentations.
- Lighting equipment currently in C131. All lab projects shall use the house light plot.
- All rehearsal furniture currently in C131.
- Some limited use of Theatre Department copying access. All requests for copying must be approved by the producer.
- Students are responsible for securing all costumes, props, furniture and sound to be used in the presentations.
- It is to be understood that Student Lab presentations are to be minimally produced. The focus of the work is to be on acting, directing, and the text.
- Since C131 is to double as a classroom this year, the room must be returned to its normal classroom state at the end of each period of use.
- Lab performance dates for this year will be February 2012, with strike to immediately follow the last performance.
- All questions not answered by these guidelines will be decided by the producer.
LUNCH BOX THEATRE GUIDELINES – USD UNDERGRADUATE THEATRE
- In addition to the Lab productions, C131 will made available for lunchtime theatre performances one Thursday of each month from 12:15 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Performance dates are: N/A
- Students wanting to perform during these times need to apply to the producer (the Theatre Chair). The only reason for applying is to insure that all who have an interest have an equal opportunity to use the space. With this in mind, first come, first served.
- Lighting equipment for Lunch Box Theatre is not available.
- All other guidelines regarding the use of C131 apply.
WORKOUT SPACE* – C131 and C125
- Except for days when Lunch Box Theatre is scheduled, and times when classes are meeting there, C131 and C125 are available for use as “theatre workout” spaces for anyone, undergraduate or undergraduate, who would like to use it.
- Request for Work Out Space form found at http://www.sandiego.edu/cas/theatrearts/callboard/forms/room_request.php.
- Check space availability first at http://www.sandiego.edu/cas/theatrearts/callboard/calendar prior to submitting your request.
- Email the requested information to Nate Parde at email@example.com.
- Until you have received an email confirming your request from Theatre Arts and Performance Studies, you are not authorized to use a work out room.
- Please allow 24-48 hours notice for confirmation. First come, first served.
- Please be respectful and schedule only the amount of time that you will actually be using the space.
- If you have questions, please contact Undergraduate Theatre Arts and Performance Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619/260-7934 or in the Theatre Arts and Performance Studies office, C130A.
*This workout room request is only for Theatre Arts and Performance Studies student use. If you wish to reserve the space for other purposes, please send your request to Nate Parde and copy the Theatre Arts and Performance Studies Chair.