Goal I: Content Knowledge
- Learn the theories and principles of the major content areas of the psychological sciences.
- Learn how the theories, principles, and methods of psychological science are applied to solve individual and societal problems.
- Learn how psychological science integrates diversity concerns across the discipline.
Goal II: Skills in the Discipline
- Learn how research methods are applied to the scientific study of behavior and mental processes.
- Learn how statistics are used both to describe research data and to make inferences.
- Develop communication skills, especially the ability to write in APA (American Psychological Association) style.
- Develop the ability to critically evaluate theories, methods, principles, and applications of psychology.