Pre-Health Peer Mentors
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
2014-2015 PRE-HEALTH PEER MENTORS!!!
Why Become a Pre-Health Mentor?
The purpose of becoming a mentor in college is to create a trusting and helpful relationship, which will assist incoming students with the challenges associated with the beginning year of college. Peer Mentors take on the responsibility of assisting students’ growth and development by providing academic and personal support. Mentors are also expected to be a role model and assist with setting goals for their mentee, both academically and personally.
Peer Mentor Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and friendship during the early pre-health student stage
- Provide an insight to your experience as a college student
- Provide information about campus resources and activities
- Provide information about San Diego and the local community resources
- Serve as a role model and a positive source of support
Peer Mentor Eligibility
- Must be a Junior at the time of application (Fall 2014). Seniors that are graduating in December 2014 are also eligible to apply
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Pursuing a health career
- High level of maturity & responsibility
- Strong oral presentation skills
Mentoring can be in the form of…eating together, meeting for coffee, studying together, attending a lecture/workshop together, doing something in SD together, emailing each other, texting/calling each other, etc.
How to Apply
Email Cassandra Gomez at email@example.com for an application. Complete and submit an application by Friday, October 17. Applications are to be submitted to the Dean’s Office, Founders Hall 114.