Math Competency Exam
The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences provides students of the University of San Diego the opportunity to satisfy their math general education requirement by examination.
- The exam is offered once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester. Click here for dates.
- There is a fee of $35 to take the exam.
- The fee is non-refundable unless you notify us in advance of the day of the exam that you will not sit for it. If you do not show up to take the exam, you will not receive a refund.
- The exam is equivalent to a College Algebra final exam.
- No practice tests or study guides are provided, but you can study for the test by reviewing any College Algebra textbook used in a USD Math 115 course.
You must bring the following when you appear to be tested
- A photo ID
- Your fee receipt
- Your own No. 2 sharpened pencils and erasers
- Step 1: Pay the fee at the Cashier's Office in the Hughes Administration Center (campus map).
- Step 2: To complete the registration process, send an email to Professor Pruski at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to take the exam, so that you can be added to the roster of examinees. The deadline for Step 2 is five business days prior to the date of the exam.
Fall 2011: Saturday, October 29th
Spring 2012: Saturday, March 31st
For the exam time and location contact Professor Pruski at email@example.com two weeks prior to the exam.