Tutoring | Spring 2013
THE TUTORING CENTER IS CLOSED FOR THE SEMESTER.
Free tutoring is available each semester to USD students enrolled in lower-division language classes as well as upper-division students enrolled in conversation or composition courses.
Volunteers may opt for 1 unit of credit, which covers one hour per week of tutoring and several mandatory trainings/meetings with faculty along with homework and/or administrative paperwork.
The unit counts as a general elective toward graduation, but does not count toward our majors or minors.
Volunteers must have fulfilled the core curriculum requirement (Language 201).
Tutors are required to sign in and out each day they work. The sign-in sheet is in Founders 123, the departmental mail room. No one may do this for someone else.
Please complete and submit the application for prospective tutors..
The focus of the tutoring program is on students enrolled in Language 101, 102 and 201, though tutors with advanced skills may also assist those enrolled in fourth semester and upper-division courses in conversation or composition.
Tutors may not write your papers or do extensive revisions. However, they may assist with:
- The organization and proofreading of papers, including spell-check
- Grammatical concepts
- Vocabulary building
- Brain-storming ideas for oral presentations
- Rehearsing oral presentations
- Choose your time/tutor from the schedule below.
- E-mail your request to email@example.com with "appointment needed" in the subject line and include:
- your phone number
- the day and time you would like to schedule
- the language and level for which you need help. Include the tutor's name if you want a particular person.
- Your appointment will be confirmed by reply e-mail.
- Appointments are limited to 40 minute sessions.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, e-mail to cancel. Failure to appear twice without canceling will render you ineligible for tutoring for the rest of the semester.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are wise!
THERE ARE NO MORNING APPOINTMENTS.