Contests/Awards and Workshops
Cropper Undergraduate Creative Writing Contest in Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction
The University of San Diego awards two prizes each year in honor of Lindsay J. Cropper. The $125-prizes recognize undergraduate achievement in the genres of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. Submissions are accepted in the Fall semester.
The 2013-14 Cropper Creative Writing Contest has concluded. The winners and runners-up were announced on February 21, 2014. The judges were Esther Lee, for poetry, and David Philip Mullins, for prose.
Cropper Writing Contest rules and due dates. For more information please contact Dr. Halina Duraj at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-260-7429, or Prof. Brad Melekian at email@example.com or 619-260-7856. The deadline for submission was December 14, 2013.
2014-15 Cropper Creative Writing Contest: Look for more info in Fall 2014.
- Poetry Winner: Amber McMains. Poetry pieces by Amber McMains
- Prose Winner: Emma Uriarte. Prose piece by Emma Uriarte
- Poetry Runner-Up: Vincent Cabral. Poetry pieces by Vincent Cabral
- Prose Runner-Up: Breana Burgos. Prose piece by Breana Burgos
- Winner, Short-Story genre: Kyle DeNuccio
- Link to poems by Eloisa Amezcua
- Nick Walker, fiction winner
- Link to poems by Adam Love
There are currently no workshops offered. Please check back periodically.