Contests/Awards and Workshops
Cropper Undergraduate Creative Writing Contest in Fiction & Poetry
The University of San Diego awards two prizes each year in honor of Lindsay J. Cropper. The $125-prizes recognize undergraduate achievement in the genres of poetry and prose. Submissions are accepted in the Fall semester.
The 2013-14 Cropper Creative Writing Contest in Poetry & Prose has concluded. The winners and runners-up were announced on Friday, February 21, 2014. The judges were Esther Lee, for poetry, and David Philip Mullins, for prose.
Cropper Writing Contest rules and due dates. For more information please contact Dr. Halina Duraj at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-260-7429, or Prof. Brad Melekian at email@example.com or 619-260-7856. The deadline for submission was Saturday, December 14, 2013. The event has concluded for new entries.
- Poetry piece by Amber McMains
- Prose piece by Emma Uriarte
- Link to short story by Faye Mankowske
- Link to poem by Faye Mankowske
Read article on Faye Mankowske from the College of Arts and Sciences home page feature articles.
- Winner, Short-Story genre: Kyle DeNuccio
- Link to poems by Eloisa Amezcua
- Nick Walker, fiction winner
- Link to poems by Adam Love
There are currently no workshops offered. Please check back periodically.