Financial Aid for Short-Term Study Abroad
To receive federal aid for your participation in our short-term programs abroad, you must follow the instructions below.
- Log into the http://my.sandiego.edu portal.
- Access the “My Financial Aid” channel on the One Stop Services page of the portal
- Financial aid will post a supplemental application for intersession aid on October 1st. The priority deadline to fill out this application is November 1st.
- On this form, you will have an opportunity to indicate how many units you will take over intersession and if the units will be taken abroad.
- Your financial aid package will be adjusted to accommodate your courses abroad and additional international expenses such as airfare.
- Ensure that your subsequent semester units are also correct by submitting a ‘change of status’ form if necessary.
The Ahlers Center for International Business offers merit based scholarships. Should you be awarded a scholarship, the only thing you are asked to do in return is submit some photos and a quote from your experience abroad. Applications for merit-based scholarships are imbedded within the online program application itself and due at the same time as the application deadline. The deadline for intersession 2013 programs is September 21, 2012.