› News and Events
Peace Summit 2009
2nd Annual Summit on Peace and Prosperity through Trade and Commerce
"Increasing Market Share through Social Branding"
The Ahlers Center for International Business at the University of San Diego and the World Trade Center San Diego are proud to present the second annual Summit on Peace and Prosperity through Trade and Commerce.
Today, universally renowned companies are no longer satisfied with brands that only represent financial success, product quality, or process efficiency. Instead, firms also want to be recognized for their creativity and commitment to developing initiatives for poverty alleviation, addressing social problems, and environmental sustainability.
On September 18th executives of companies both large and small shared their social branding strategies and explored the following questions:
- In this time of increasing competitiveness can social branding be successful in differentiating a company?
- How can social branding be successful in developing a deeper connection to stakeholders (investors, customers, employees, local community, etc.)?
- Can a brand have social as well as economic value?
- Can social branding really increase the triple bottom line (people, planet, profits) or is it a passing fad?
- Can social branding increase THE bottom line?