Women Innovators Initiative
The Center for Peace and Commerce recognizes that when women take the lead as social innovators and entrepreneurs they greatly contribute to the social transformation of their communities. As a means of encouraging female students to explore the possibilities of using social entrepreneurship as a vehicle for positive social impact, the CPC launched the Women Innovators Initiative (WII) in 2015.The purpose of WII is to provide support and encourage the development of female students as social entrepreneurs and innovators.
What the WII offers
- Meaningful field experiences and dialogue addressing the challenges and opportunities faced by women creating social change through innovative initiatives.
- Networking opportunities and alliance-building with women innovators in the community.
- Mentorship to female students by successful community professionals.
- Seed funding opportunities for launching social ventures.
Women Innovators Track in the SIC
The Women Innovator’s Track is an opportunity for students to win up to $5,000 in prize money in the Social Innovation Challenge for female founded and led student teams. The Women Innovator’s Track aims to propel women students in innovation and entrepreneurship for social change.
- September 8, 2016 Women for Social Impact (limited seats for students)
- September 17, 2016: Hera Venture Summit
- November 1, 2016: Idea Lab: Women Innovators Edition
- November 10, 2016: Women for Social Impact (limited seats for students)
- January 18, 2017: JLabs screening for "She Started It"
- TBA, 2017: Field Trip to Suja Juice