Social Innovation Challenge
The University of San Diego Social Innovation Challenge (SIC) promotes, guides, and supports student-driven ideas to launch or contribute to social enterprises.
The Social Innovation Challenge is open to all students in San Diego County and Mexico. Social enterprises can be for-profit, nonprofit, or blended ventures, working locally and internationally.
Students will be placed in the following tracks based on the nature of their proposal. Proposals can be entered in multiple tracks:
2017 Social Innovation Challenge Tracks
- USD Internal Track: for USD students
- General Track: for students from universities in San Diego
- Local Impact Track: for proposals that impact San Diego communities.
- Women Innovator’s Track: for USD teams lead by women
- Mobile Track: for proposals leveraging wireless solution
- Mexico Track: for proposals coming from universities in Mexico