Instructions for Using the Online Transcript
To create your transcript, you will need to enter your personal information and then add as many activities as you like. To navigate, you will use the links in the left-hand navigation.
Get Started with Your Transcript
- To begin, click the Update Your Personal Information link. A page will appear that will ask you to provide your name, email address and other personal information. You man input as much or as little as you like, but it is recommended at the very least you input your name, phone number and email address. When you print your transcript, you will be able to select what personal information appears.
- When you have finished entering your information, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. A page will then appear with the message "Student details updated."
- You are now ready to begin adding records to your transcript.
Create or Add New Activities
- Click on the Add an Activity link. A page will appear with a number of blank fields. Enter the name of the activity or organization and your position in the blank boxes.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the month or semester and year that you began the activity, and ended the activity. If you currently are still doing the activity, you have the option of selecting "Present" for the end month.
- Select the number of hours you participate in the activity from the drop-down menu.
- There is a large box labeled "Description" in which you are able to type a description of the activity, your level of involvement, responsibilities you have, or anything else you would like to note. You may write as much as you like, but it is recommended you keep your description to no more than a few sentences.
- You may then assign a category to this activity that you may select from the drop-down menu provided.
- You will see a list of descriptive words labeled "Skills learned or used." You may click on the box next to as many of the words or phrases that you feel are relevant to this activity.
- To save this record, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. A page will appear confirming that your record has been added by showing the message "New record added."
- To create another record, click on the link provided on the confirmation page that reads "Add Another Activity" or click on the Add Activity link in the left-hand navigation.
Edit Activities in Your Transcript
- To edit your transcript, click on the Update an Activity link. A list will appear of all of the activities you have added.
- To make changes to any of the activities you have entered, click the "Edit" link next to the activity you would like to adjust. To delete an activity completely, click the "Delete" link next to the activity you would like to delete.
Print Your Transcript
- Click on the Review and Print Transcript link. A list of all activities that will be printed will appear.
- You may edit, delete or review each activity by clicking on the "Edit," "Delete," or "Review" links next to each activity.
- You have the option of selecting which personal information will be included and printed on your transcript. Click the box next to each piece of information you would like included.
- Select from the "Publish Option" drop-down menu whether you would like your transcript to print a resume in a large or short form, or in a table format.
- A short form only includes the dates of involvement, name of the activity and the position.
- A long form includes everything on the short form and additionally includes the description of the activity, the activity hours, category of the activity, and the skills learned or used.
- A table format lists each activity much like it appears listed on the Review and Print web page.
- To preview each of these formats, select the option you prefer and then click the "Format to Print" button. A new page will display the option you selected with transcript letterhead and the personal information you requested.
- Print the transcript from your browser by selecting print from the menu bar. You can also copy and paste the content of your transcript into a Word document or save as a PDF file. This is helpful if you plan to send a copy of your transcript electronically.
Available Activities and Programs at USD
A list of activities and programs that are typically available to USD students is available on the Activities Catalog web page. The list is separated into five categories: Academic Excellence; Diversity and Inclusion; Spirituality; Leadership and Service, Responsibility for Self and Community, Interpersonal Competence; and Wellness.