Sound and Equipment Rental

University Center, SLP and Salomon Hall

For events inside the University Center/SLP, please include in your EvR or call Campus Scheduling for equipment reservations and usage. When using the equipment, please arrive 1/2 hour early. The University Center/SLP is equipped to handle most of your AV needs. However, items such as a laptop computer would need to be reserved through the Media Services at x4567.

Outside University Center, SLP and Salomon Hall

If your event is outside of the University Center/SLP or in a classroom, contact Media Services (x4567) for audio/visual needs, or contact the appropriate building media manager (ie. JCP at x7531, IPJ at x7808, Degheri at x4534, Manchester at x5976 etc.)

Associated Student Government Equipment:

If you wish to use the sound equipment available through the Associated Student Government, please contact ASG at x4802. This equipment is available for campus organizations/departments only. A fee for a technician may be included for operating the equipment.

Outdoor Sound Policy:

Amplified sound is only allowed on campus in limited locations and with prior approval for orgnized events. No amplified sound is allowed in UC/SLP area Monday-Friday except between 12pm-1pm. Please contact the appropriate building coordinator/scheduler to make advance arrangements. During finals week and law school finals, no amplified sound is allowed outside on campus. The policies of the City of San Diego on disturbing the peace are in effect 24 hours a day, with lower thresholds for police enforcement 10pm-6am. Please contact the USD office of Community & Government Relations for more details on these local laws.