State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Summit
Hosted by the Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research, in partnership with the USD Leadership Institute, this informative day of research and practical learning opportunities will help guide San Diego's nonprofit and philanthropic leaders in creating, implementing and evaluating innovative and collaborative strategies for the future.
June 5, 2015
In the morning, please join us to hear and discuss the key findings from our annual State of the Nonprofits and Philanthropy Report, describing the capacity, contributions, and overall economic health and well-being of San Diego’s nonprofit and philanthropic sector. The report will be a compilation of our quarterly State of Nonprofits Index and other nonprofit research, including a survey based on the perspectives of local nonprofit and philanthropic leaders.
Following the report presentation and panel discussion, we will convene a series of professional development and dialogue workshops designed to encourage collaboration and action.
Our afternoon session, The Paradox of Partnership: From Dialogue to Action, will take our discussion further. Attendees will engage in dialogue, design, and action to transform paradoxes into catalysts that generate new options for the San Diego region’s nonprofit sector.
8:00am Networking & Breakfast
8:30am State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Report & Panel
10:00am Networking & Refreshments
10:30am Professional Development & Dialogue Workshop
- 10 Leadership Principles for Cross Sector Collaboration - John Ohanian, Chief Executive Officer, 211 San Diego
- Maximize Your Mission: 6 Quick Questions That Get Your Organization Moving Faster - Cindi Phallen, President, Create Possibility
- Assess Yourself: Are You Ready for Collaborative Leadership? - Liz Shear, Principal, Liz Shear Consulting
- Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity: Leadership in the Moment - Dr. Zachary Green, Professor, Leadership Studies, University of San Diego
- The San Diego Climate Collaborative: Modeling a Path Toward Collaboration with Regional Results (wins, wounds, and all) - Michelle Jaramillo, Community Impact Director and Nicola Hedge, Director, Environment Initiatives, The San Diego Foundation
- Introduction to Dialogue - Meenakshi Chakraverti, Director Leadership Institute, University of San Diego
12:00pm Networking Lunch
1:15 - 4:00pm The Paradox of Partnership: From Dialogue to Action
Collaboration requires the balancing of seeming contradictions. For example, we want collective impact, yet recognize those time and resource commitments will affect our own organization. Join grant-funders, grant-seekers, businesses, and government stakeholders to collectively explore these and other paradoxes of partnership.
Thank You To Our Nonprofit Index Sponsors
Thank You To Our Lunch Sponsor
Thank You To Our Signature Sponsor
Thank You To Our Lead Sponsors
Thank You To Our Supporting Sponsor
Thank You To Our Contributing Partner