New fillable pdf forms are now available below.

Instructions for fillable pdf forms: 

1. Download form and add your personal information to the saved file on your device (not in the browser window).
2. Send your pdf attachment via email to for the necessary signatures in the order they are listed on the form.

**Note: Please be aware that prior to taking any course outside of USD you must receive approval by first submitting a petition to transfer credit form.  Credits will be posted to your records only after we receive your official transcript for the approved course.   Please send official transcript to: Registrar’s Office, Barcelona 302, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110 OR if e-transcripts are sent, address them to

Change of Address

Updating your address is done through the ‘mysandiego’ portal.  If you are unable to access that, complete the attached form.  The Change of Address Form [PDF 80 KB] must accompany a signature. Please include your ID number or Social Security number, along with your local, permanent, and billing address, current phone number, and signature. You can either mail or fax your request. Email is not accepted.

[ return to top]

Change of Name

To change your name, you must inform the Registrar's Office in writing, either by letter or fax. NO e-mail will be accepted. The Change of Name Form [PDF 60 KB] must accompany a signature. You must include a copy of a marriage license, divorce decree, or other official document.

[ return to top]

Declaration of Major

The Declaration of Major Form [PDF 189 KB] must be signed by the Department Chair of the major you are declaring. Please drop the completed form off at One Stop Student Services.

[ return to top]