Transfer Summer Registration Days are designed to give you the opportunity to begin transitioning and connecting to USD well before the start of the fall semester.
During a Summer Registration Day, you will:
- Meet one-on-one with your academic advisor, discuss which courses to enroll in for the fall semester, and get your advisor hold lifted so you can register for courses
- View the specific courses and number of units that transferred to USD in u.Achieve, USD's degree audit software tool
- Learn how to register for courses, navigate your MySanDiego Portal, and view your financial aid offer through a hands-on tutorial
- Meet other new transfer students, USD staff, and faculty members
- Connect with campus departments including Residential Life, Veterans Center, and Student Wellness
You are eligible to sign up for Transfer Summer Registration Day once you have completed the required steps on the New Student Checklist. Log in to your MySanDiego Portal to view your personal checklist and see your progress. Transfer Summer Registration Days are filled on a first-come first-serve basis, so complete these required steps as quickly as possible.
You will receive an email with directions about how to sign up for a Transfer Summer Registration Day once you are eligible to do so. Be sure to continue checking your USD email consistently.
They will be offered this year on June 19, July 9, July 24, and August 7, 2015. A sample schedule is available for your reference; you will receive an individualized schedule when you check in.
A separate program for parents and supporters will be offered during each Transfer Summer Registration Day by Parent Relations. Students and families traveling from out of town and requiring overnight accommodations may take advantage of a special partnership USD has with Bartell Hotels.
If you are unable to attend a Transfer Summer Registration Day or have not completed one or more of the required steps prior to July 31, you will connect with your academic advisor and register for courses through an alternative process. Detailed information about this process will be sent to your USD email address once you have completed all required steps.
If you have questions about Transfer Summer Registration Days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-260-5995.
"The most helpful thing to me about Summer Registration Days was meeting face-to-face with my academic advisor. You can tell the faculty here actually care about students and their futures."
Take a look at the following websites and/or contact the following campus departments if you have questions about...
- Confirming your enrollment and submitting your deposit - Undergraduate Admissions
- Required steps on the New Student Checklist, Summer Registration Days or Fall Orientation - Center for Student Success
- Tuberculosis Screening Questions or required immunization forms - Student Health Center
- Orientation programs for parents and supporters - Parent Relations
- Your financial aid package, bill, or student account - One Stop Student Center
- Living on campus or residency requirements - Residential Life
- Technical challenges claiming your USDOne account or viewing your MySanDiego Portal - ITS Help Desk