Once you have confirmed your enrollment and submitted your deposit through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, you are officially a Torero! You need to complete several required steps and important tasks prior to registering for courses and the first day of classes.
You can view your personal New Student Checklist and progress in your MySanDiego Portal (as pictured to the right). A general checklist, helpful hints, and relevant resources are included below for your reference.
All tasks marked with an asterisk (*) must be complete prior to being eligible to sign up for a Transfer Summer Registration Day or register for courses.
- Claim your USDOne user account and email address.*
- Step-by-step directions are available to assist you in claiming your USDOne account. You are encouraged to wait 24 hours before completing the next items on the checklist to ensure your account is active in all USD systems. Be sure to check your USD email regularly for important updates and information. Contact ITS Help Desk if you need assistance or are having any trouble claiming your USDOne account.
- Complete the Transfer Student Questionnaire.*
- Log in to your MySanDiego Portal and navigate to your New Student Checklist (see above image) to complete this brief questionnaire to submit your major declaration request. Note you can only complete this questionnaire once. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in changing your major selection.
- Submit required immunization forms.*
- International students only: Submit all required documents for the Form I-20.*
- Submit all transcripts and review your transferred courses.
- Be sure to submit official transcripts of all college coursework you have attended and that reflect your final spring grades. Transcripts already received by USD are currently being evaluated to meet core curriculum requirements. Contact the Office of the Registrar if you have questions about transferring courses to meet core curriculum requirements. You can view your transferred courses in u.achieve/DARS, our degree audit reporting system.
- Attend a Transfer Summer Registration Day and register for courses.
- Once you have completed the required steps and are eligible to sign up for a Transfer Summer Registration Day, you will receive an email with a link to submit your availability to attend. If you cannot attend, you will receive information about the alternative way you will connect with your academic advisor, have your advisor hold lifted, and register for courses.
- Explore your MySanDiego Portal to:
- Review and accept your Financial Aid award, if applicable.
- Contact the One Stop Student Center if you have questions about your financial aid award, bill, or student account.
- Complete your on-campus housing application, if applicable.
- Transfer students are required to live on campus for at least one year if by the contract start date you are under the age of 20 and have completed fewer than 60 transferred units, and you have not completed four semesters of coursework as a full-time student. Contact Residential Life if you have questions about the transfer residency requirement.
- Learn about Student Wellness resources and complete wellness requirements.
- Learn more about health insurance requirements for all USD students. Beginning June 1, you can enroll in the USD Health Insurance Plan or provide proof of insurance to waive enrollment by September 12.
- Complete part one of the online MyStudentBody Essentials Course, a two part online alcohol, other drug, and sexual violence prevention course by August 15. A $250 non-negotiable, non-compliance fee will be assessed to students who fail to complete both portions of the course within the designated timeframe.
- If you have an on-going psychological or health condition, need regular access to prescription medication, or have a documented disability requesting accommodation, please contact the appropriate Wellness unit prior to arriving on campus.
- Confirm your attendance at Transfer Fall Orientation.
- All new transfer students are expected to attend Transfer Fall Orientation. There is no cost for this program for incoming USD students.
- Log in to your MySanDiego Portal and navigate to your Announcements tab to register yourself by August 22. Your parents, family members or guests are invited to attend a separate Parent and Family Orientation offered through the Office of Parent Relations.