Once you have confirmed your enrollment and submitted your deposit through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, you are officially a Torero! You need to complete several required steps and important tasks prior to registering for courses and the first day of classes.
You can view your personal new student checklist and progress in your MySanDiego Portal. A general checklist, helpful hints, and relevant resources are included below for your reference.
All tasks marked with an asterisk must be complete prior to being eligible to sign up for a Transfer Summer Registration Day or register for courses.
1. Claim your USDOne user account and email address.*
- Once you claim your USDOne account, you will be able to access your USD email and other USD systems within minutes. Be sure to check your USD email regularly for important updates and information. Contact ITS Help Desk if you need assistance or are having any trouble claiming your USDOne account.
2. Complete the Transfer Student Questionnaire.*
- Log in to your MySanDiego Portal and navigate to your New Student Checklist (see above image) to complete this brief questionnaire to submit your major declaration request. Note you can only complete this questionnaire once. Email email@example.com if you need assistance in changing your major selection.
3. Submit required immunization forms.*
- To access required immunization forms, you must first answer a few health screening questions. You will then receive an email confirmation that will include a link to download a form for your doctor to fill out. Contact the Student Health Center with any questions about immunization requirements. Your health hold will be lifted once your immunization forms are submitted and complete.
4. Submit all transcripts and review your transferred courses.
- Be sure to submit official transcripts of all college coursework you have attended and that reflect your final spring grades. Transcripts already received by USD are currently being evaluated to meet core curriculum requirements. Contact Lynne Stearns, Transfer Analyst, if you have questions about transferring courses to meet core curriculum requirements. You can view your transferred courses in u.Achieve, our degree audit reporting system.
5. Attend a Transfer Summer Registration Day and register for courses.
- Once you have completed the required steps and are eligible to sign up for a Transfer Summer Registration Day, you will receive an email with a link to submit your availability to attend. If you cannot attend, you will receive information about the alternative way you will connect with your academic advisor, have your advisor hold lifted, and register for courses.
6. Explore your MySanDiego Portal to:
Review and accept your Financial Aid award, if applicable.
- Contact the One Stop Student Center if you have questions about your financial aid award, bill, or student account.
Complete your on-campus housing application, if applicable.
- Transfer students are required to live on campus for at least one year if by the contract start date you are under the age of 20 and have completed fewer than 60 transferred units, and you have not completed four semesters of coursework as a full-time student. Contact Residential Life if you have questions about the transfer residency requirement.
7. Learn about and connect with Student Wellness resources.
- Complete part one of the online "MyStudentBody" Essentials Course, a two part online alcohol, other drug, and sexual violence prevention course by August 16. You can begin the course on July 22. A $250 non-negotiable, non-compliance fee will be assessed to students who fail to complete both portions of the course within the designated timeframe.
- Learn more about health insurance requirements for all USD students.
- If you have an on-going psychological or health condition, need regular access to prescription medication, or have a documented disability requesting accommodation, please contact the appropriate Wellness unit prior to arriving on campus.
8. For international students only: Submit all required documents for the Form I-20.*
- You can download the necessary forms to apply for your student visa online. Contact Undergraduate Admissions with any questions about the Form I-20.